Binoy Shivanna, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics—Neonatology
- Attending Neonatologist, Texas Children's Hospital
- Neonatal–Perinatal Medicine
Current Positions in Professional Organizations
- Member, National Neonatology Forum of India
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
- M.B.B.S., Mysore Medical College, Mysore, India, 1993
- M.D., Mysore Medical College, Mysore, India, 1997
- D.M., Lokamanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai, India, 2002
- Pediatric Resident, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ, 2005-2007
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX,
- Prevention and Management of BPD
- Oxidative Stress and Lung/Intestinal Injury
- Shivanna B, Jiang W, Wang L, Couroucli XI, Moorthy B. Omeprazole attenuates hyperoxic lung injury in mice via aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation and is associated with increased expression of cytochrome P4501A enzymes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011 Oct;339(1):106-14. Epub 2011 Jul 18.
- Shivanna B, Chu C, Welty SE, Jiang W, Wang L, Courcouli XI, Moorthy B. Omeprazole attenuates hyperoxic injury in H441 cells via the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011 Nov 15:51(10):1910-7. Equb 2011 Aug 23.
- Kadam S, Binoy S, Kanbur WA, Mondkar JA, Fernandez A (2005). Feasibility of Kangaroo mother care in Mumbai.Indian. J. Pediatr., 72:35-38