Muralidhar Premkumar, M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics – Neonatology
- Attending Neonatologist, Texas Children's Hospital
- M.B.B.S., Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, India, 1996
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health), Post-graduate Diploma in Pediatrics,
LTM Medical College and LTM General Hospital, Mumbai, India, 1997–1999
- Senior House Officer in Pediatrics in the United Kingdom, 2002–2004
- Specialist Registrar in Pediatrics, Neonatology, London, UK, 2004–2007
- Fellowship in Neonatal–Perinatal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 2007–2010
- Role of Nitric Oxide in the Pathogenesis of Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Premkumar MH, Sule G2, Nagamani SC1, Chakkalakal S1, Nordin A1, Jain M1, Ruan MZ1, Bertin T1, Dawson BC1, Zhang J1, Schady D3, Bryan NS4, Campeau PM1, Erez A5, Lee B6. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2014 Jun 5. pii: ajpgi.00403.2013. [Epub ahead of print]
- Oosterloo BC, Premkumar M, Stoll B, Olutoye O, Thymann T, Sangild PT, Burrin DG. Dual purpose use of preterm piglets as a model of pediatric GI disease. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2014 Jun 15;159(3-4):156-65.
- Premkumar MH, Carter BA, Hawthorne KM, King K, Abrams SA.Fish oil-based lipid emulsions in the treatment of parenteral nutrition-associated liver disease: An ongoing positive experience. Advances in Nutrition. 2014 Jan;5(1):65-70.
- Premkumar MH, Carter BA, Hawthorne KM, King K, Abrams SA. High Rates of Resolution of Cholestasis in Parenteral Nutrition-Associated Liver Disease with Fish Oil-Based Lipid Emulsion Monotherapy. J Pediatr. 2013 Apr;162(4):793-798.
- Nagamani SC, Campeau PM, Shchelochkov OA, Premkumar MH, Guse K, Brunetti-Pierri N, Chen Y, Sun Q, Tang Y, Palmer D, Reddy AK, Li L, Slesnick TC, Feig DI, Caudle S, Harrison D, Salviati L, Marini JC, Bryan NS, Erez A, Lee B. Nitric-oxide supplementation for treatment of long-term complications in argininosuccinic aciduria. Am J Hum Genet. 2012 May 4; 90(5):836-46.