Muralidhar Premkumar, M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics—Neonatology
- Attending Neonatologist, Texas Children's Hospital
- MBBS, Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, India, 1996
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health), Post-graduate Diploma in Pediatrics,
LTM Medical College and LTM General Hospital, Mumbai, India, 1997-1999
- Senior House Officer in Pediatrics in the United Kingdom, 2002-2004
- Specialist Registrar in Pediatrics, Neonatology, London, UK, 2004-2007
- Fellowship in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 2007-2010
- Role of Nitric Oxide in the Pathogenesis of Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Erez A, Nagamani SC, Shchelochkov OA, Premkumar MH, Campeau PM, Chen Y, Garg HK, Li L, Mian A, Bertin TK, Black JO, Zeng H, Tang Y, Reddy AK, Summar M, O'Brien WE, Harrison DG, Mitch WE, Marini JC, Aschner JL, Bryan NS, Lee B. Requirement of argininosuccinate lyase for systemic nitric oxide production. Nat Med.2011 Nov 13;17(12):1619-26. doi:10.1038/nm.2544.
- Premkumar MH, Colen JS, Roth DR, Fernandes CJ. Could scrotoschisis mimic an iatrogenic injury? A case report Urology 2009 Apr; 73(4):795-6.
- Greenough A, Premkumar M, Patel D. Ventilatory strategies for the extremely premature infant. Paediatric Anaesthesia 2008 May;18(5):371
- Premkumar M, Anumakonda V, Cormican L, Ruiz G, Greenough A. Feeding intolerance due to connatal tuberculosis in a prematurely born infant Eur J Pediatr. 2008 Aug; 167(8):955-6.
- Booth C, Premkumar MH, Yannoulis A, Thomson M, Harrison M, Edwards AD Sustainable use of continuous positive airway pressure during the first week after delivery in extremely preterm infants Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2006 Nov; 91(6):F398-402.