Alfred Gest, M.D.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics – Neonatology
- Medical Director, New Born Center – Texas Children's Hospital
- Neonatal–Perinatal Medicine
Current Positions in Professional Organizations
- Board of Trustees, Texas Pediatric Society
- Vice–Chair Board of Trustees, Houston Academy of Medicine,
Texas Medical Center Library
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX, 1968
- Intern, Ben Taub Hospital and Jefferson Davis Hospital, Houston TX, 1968–1969
- Resident in Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Houston TX, 1969–1970 and 1972–1973
- Fellowship in Infectious Disease, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX, 1973–1974
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX,
- Quality Improvement
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
- Care of the Extremely Low Birth Weight (ELBW) Babies
Yates, A R, Welty, S E, Gest, A L, Cua, L C. Myocardial Tissue Doppler Changes in Patients with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. JJ Pediatr. 2008 Jun;152(6):766-70.
Jadcherla SR, Gupta A, Fernandez S, Nelin LD, Castile R, Gest AL, Welty SE. Spatio-temporal characteristics of acid refluxate and relationship to symptoms in premature and term infants with chronic lung disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2008 Mar;103(3):720-8.