Joseph A. Garcia-Prats, M.D.
- Professor of Pediatrics—Neonatology
- Interim Program Director, Neonatology Fellowship
- Professor of Medical Ethics, Center for Ethics,
Medicine and Public Issues
- Medical Director, Arnold J. Rudolph Memorial Newborn ICU,
Ben Taub Hospital
- Deputy Medical Director of Nurseries, Ben Taub Hospital
- Neonatal–Perinatal Medicine
- M.D., Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans LA, 1972
- Straight Pediatric Intern, Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Houston TX, 1972–1973
- Pediatric Resident, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX, 1973–1975
- Pediatric Chief Resident, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX, 1974–1975
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX,
- Neonatal Morbidity and Biomedical Ethics
- Garcia-Prats JA, Cooper TR, Schneider VF, Stager CE, Hansen TN. Rapid detection of microorganisms in blood cultures of newborn infants utilizing an automated blood culture system. Pediatrics 2000;105:523–527.
- Garcia-Prats JA, Cooper TR. The critically ill neonate with infection: management considerations in the term and preterm infants. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis 2000;11:1–12.