Caraciolo J. Fernandes, M.D.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics—Neonatology
- Attending Neonatologist, Texas Children's Hospital
- Medical Director, Neonatal Transport, Kangaroo Crew® Transport Team, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Neonatal–Perinatal Medicine
Current Positions in Professional Organizations
- Member, Committee on Fetus and Newborn, Texas Pediatric Society
- Member, Executive Committee, Section on Transport Medicine,
American Academy of Pediatrics
- M.D., Grant Medical College, Bombay University, India, 1989
- Pediatric Resident, Grant Medical College & Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals,
Bombay, India, 1986–1989
- Registrar/Senior Registrar (Pediatrics), Bombay, India, 1990–1991
- Registrar (Neonatology)/Neonatal Fellow, King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women, Subiaco, Western Australia, 1992–1993
- Research Associate, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine,
Houston TX, 1994
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX,
- Pediatric Resident, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX, 1997–1998
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Hypoxic Respiratory Failure in the Newborn
- Neonatal Transport
- Speer ME, Fernandes CJ, Boron M, Groothuis JR. Use of Palivizumab for prevention of hospitalization as a result of respiratory syncytial virus in infants with cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2008 Jun;27(6):559-61.
- Reuter SD, O'Donovan DJ, Hegemier SE, Smith EO, Heird WC, Fernandes CJ. Urinary F2-isoprostanes are poor prognostic indicators for the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. J Perinatol. 2007 May;27(5):303-6.
- Scott DA, Klaassens M, Holder AM, Lally KP, Fernandes CJ, Galjaard RJ, Tibboel D, de Klein A, Lee B. Genome-Wide Oligonucleotide-Based Array Comparative Genome Hybridization Analysis of Non-Isolated Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Hum Mol Genet 2007; Jan 8 [Epub ahead of print]
- Fernandes CJ, O’Donovan DJ. Platelet Transfusions in Infants with Necrotizing Enterocolitis. Current Hematology Reports 2006, 5(1):76-81.
- Kenton AB, Hegemier S, Smith EO, O'Donovan DJ, Brandt ML, Cass DL, Helmrath MA, Washburn K, Weihe EK, Fernandes CJ. Platelet Transfusions in Infants with Necrotizing Enterocolitis Do Not Lower Mortality but May Increase Morbidity. J Perinatology 2005; 25(3):173-177.